Sunday, January 11, 2009

沒有Derek 的日子

You never really know how important a person is in your life until that person is suddenly away from you. That's how I feel these days when Derek left for his 3 weeks vacation in HK. The first night he was away, Emma woke up crying, saying she feels scared; probably insecure knowing daddy is not home. Then Jack Jack also woke up screaming and crying until I hold him really tight. Then for the whole week, I just simply cannot fall asleep at night. At first I couldn't figure out why I couldn't sleep. I thought maybe because I didn't have to do much now that Derek is not at home. We go over to my in-laws for dinner at night, we come home, I only have to bathe Emma, play with her and Jack Jack, and put them to bed. Maybe I am just not tired enough. However, after a few days, even when I am exhausted, I still cannot fall asleep. Something is missing, then I realised that we all miss Derek, we simply miss his presence. As for the kids, they have their own way of expressing their feelings:
- Emma just simply express her feelings through words, "I miss Daddy", " I am worried about Daddy", "I am going to save some french fries for Daddy", "I like this picture because it has Daddy in it, I like Daddy", and prays for Daddy at night before she sleeps. How I love the simplicity of a child.
- Jack Jack on the other hand, who doesn't talk yet, points to the empty bed and make the hand sign of "no more", meaning "no daddy?" He also points to the desktop picture with Derek on it and said "Da Da?"
While I enjoy the laziness, I prefer the presence of Derek. We are counting down on the days he comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment